Pages

Saturday, February 19, 2011

Valentines!

I'm too lazy to post pictures but I thought it was NECESSARY for me to blog about my Valentines Day this year.

Bobby hates Valentines Day... And let's be honest... I don't blame him. So for the past 2 (maybe 3?) years we have had HORRIBLE Valentines.

The first year... We were dating. I went snowboarding during the day, Bobby was supposed to come over to my house but I fell asleep. No Valentines.

The second year... Our first year of marriage. Bobby was in Arizona. Without me.

The third year... Our second year of marriage. I went all out! I bought Bobby some "special items," a card, and a movie. (okay... Maybe not all out. But there was definitely some effort put in on my part!) What did I get... Zilch. Zero. Notta. NOTHING! (I have to give him credit here though. He always gets me really good random gifts throughout the year!)

Our fourth year.... This year. So after the last 3 poopy years... I had decided to ignore Valentines day. It just wasn't going to happen at my home this year and I was okay with it. In fact, I was happy.
BUT Bobby spoiled me soooo much ALL throughout February.
First... I got my lens.
Second... I got my iPad.
Third... I got my Steve Madden boots!
Spoiled right?

Well... I had accepted THOSE things as my Valentines Day gifts from my very amazing husband. But I still decided Valentines SUCKED. So... Sorry to say but I didn't get him a thing! I didn't plan a special dinner. No romantic night in. No nothing! Actually, I scheduled a photo shoot this day JUST to keep me preoccupied!

Well... As I was driving to my shoot Bobby called and said he wanted to take me to go to Jaker's with our friend, Jeff and Melanie.

WHAT?! Dinner? on VALENTINES? Really? For me?

I was completely thrilled! Thinking that was the end of my gifts... (I was okay with this!)
I got ONE more surprise.

My very first CARD from Bobby.
I cried.
No really. I cried!
It said really sweet things in it and I'm pretty sure I fell in love all over again!
Bobby had never written me a card before. I mean... I get the random "I love you's" on the bathroom mirror. Or other cute sayings.
But never a whole card. With a whole love letter written in it before!

YUP he deserves the best husband award! He's AWESOME!
What did we do after Jaker's you may ask?

Well... Thanks to that card... We went and picked up Boston. And went STRAIGHT to bed!!!

Thank you card!
And Bobby! I LOVE YOU BABE!!!!!!

0 comments:

Whose LOOKING?