Pages

Monday, February 1, 2010

This past week my sister-in-laws husband lost his dad to cancer. Losing a parent is extremely hard and him and his family have been in my thoughts and prayers all week. It's also made me think a lot about my mom and the fact that I had to watch her die. But in a different situation. It made me think about this poem that a friend gave me before her funeral that gave me soooo much comfort.
Do not cry for me, dear ones I love
For I am watching from above.
I know you're sad and your hearts ache
But, this is a journey we all must partake.

I am at peace and want you to know
That I'll be with you wherever you go.
I am the stars that twinkle at night
I am the candle that flickers with light.

I am your guardian angle you see
And my hope is that you'll remember me.
As the one who loved you from the start
Fully, deeply, with all my heart.

So wipe your tears and try to smile
For it will only be a short while
That you are on this earth to shine
And I'll be here when it's your time.

Until we meet again...

0 comments:

Whose LOOKING?