Pages

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

health

life in general has been pretty busy lately. we've had so much fun! there are multiple things that i want to blog about this week and hopefully i'll get them all done. one of which includes a very long story and my issues with mother's day! :) so stay tuned.

this last couple of weeks i've thought a lot about my health. weird, i know. i'm only 22 and shouldn't "need" to worry about it. i've been feeling really guilty about things too. when i think of what i want to focus on over the next few weeks, i always think "myself!" selfish? i don't know? everyday i'm focusing on my 2 kiddos, who i love more then anything, but sometimes i feel like i just need to think about me for an hour! i want to be healthy, for me, for my family, for my husband, for me! as i've been trying to get myself figured out i've been feeling horrible about wanting to do this for myself.

at world gym you get 1 free training session. (i think that's what it is!?) anyways, i went in and she was asking me a bunch of questions, blah, blah, blah... she then asked me what some of my goals were and what i wanted to focus on. my perfect opportunity to be honest. so i told her, i want to focus on myself. i want to get healthy for me. then i told her that i knew it sounded bad but it was the truth! 

she completely agreed with me and said this, "it's like on an airplane. if the oxygen masks fall, you can't put everyones around you on them first. you'll pass out. you need to put yours on first and then focus on the people around you."

i could have hugged her!

maybe even kissed her!

since then i have continued to focus on my health and being healthy! i'm by no means UNhealthy, infact i'm in the "lean" category for women. but i don't want to be eating junk all of the time! but also since then, i feel like i can focus so much more on not only my health, but my families health! i love knowing that we are eating right. i always feel so much better and have so much more energy!

there hasn't been a day lately that we've spent inside! we are always outside. even if we are just watching bobby do yard work, we are always outside. i used to just tell bobby that he could go out and do it while we would do our own thing. but spending time as a family and being together has also added to our health. (my personal feelings obviously!) 

since i've been able to focus more on myself, i've been able to add in focusing on my family!
i'm still not sure any of this makes any sense, even to me! ;) but our life feels so good right now. i couldn't be happier!

on another note, guess who's potty trained!!!!!!

as weird as it sounds i don't think i could be more proud of boston! he picked it up so fast. i was definitely a lot more stressed then he was! he's had only 2 accidents for a week. and i don't feel like i can even count one because it was right after i put him to bed and i totally expected it! i could probably talk about him being potty trained all day long, but i won't! ;)

stay tuned for a few more posts this week! 

0 comments:

Whose LOOKING?