Pages

Sunday, November 20, 2011

All About Beck

Beckett Ann Martinez
Born on November 9, 2011
At 2:06 in the afternoon
Weighed 7lbs 2oz
20.5in Tall
She has her daddy wrapped around her little finger.
Her mommy completely in love.
And her big brothers protective instincts already showing through!

I went into the doctor that Monday morning hoping that we would set a date to induce. After talking to the doctor we decided that Wednesday morning would be the best. We showed up at the hospital at 7:30 Wednesday morning and after doing a bunch of paperwork, we were finally taken to our room. I hadn't even sat down on the bed when Dr. Lovell came in to break my water. I couldn't believe how fast we were moving. At 9 I got started on pitocin. Then came the waiting! I decided to wait as long as possible to get an epidural. But by noon I was absolutely dying! Poor Bobby, I was a huge brat to him during my contractions and pretty much could have killed him! I was mad if he talked, if he didn't talk, if he got to close, or if he wasn't by my side. He had no idea what to do! So I sent him to tell the nurse I was ready for my epidural. Another 45 minutes of pain, but they finally came to do the epidural. I was checked right before and was at a 5. I was completely happy with that! After getting my epidural, I knew something wasn't right. I could still feel almost everything on my left side. Especially in my pelvis. They had me tilted on my left side to get the drugs to go to that side also. I could still feel the contraction in my pelvis on my left side but it was only at the peak of them, so I felt like I could fall asleep. Around 1:45 I finally had just about fallen asleep when all of a sudden I felt like I needed to push. I almost shot up out of bed trying to find the button to call my nurse. Bobby was kind of shocked and asked me what was wrong. When I told him I thought I needed to push, he was super surprised and got out of his chair pretty dang fast! When my nurse came in to check, I was "complete," as she put it. She called my doctor and got the room ready. I was super shaky and completely shocked with how fast everything was happening! I had expected to be in labor for another 4 or 5 hours! So Dr. Lovell showed up and I literally pushed for MAYBE 5 minutes and a totally of 3 times before Baby Beckett was born at 2:06! A 6 hour labor. I progressed from a 5-10 in an hour. Since I was progressing so fast while getting the epidural is why it was not working on the left side. But by the time we figured that out I already had my beautiful baby girl and could have cared less! 
Bobby was completely in love at first sight! His cheeks had to have hurt with all the smiling he was doing! ;)
Beck came out screaming and has some great lungs on her! She is definitely a lot louder then Boston was. But hey, she's a girl! 
Bobby was SO excited to go home that he kept bugging the nurses asking when we could leave. Beck was also really ready to go home! That first night was kind of rough. I think all of us getting used to each other. But since then she has only woken up once during the night. So we haven't had any problems sleeping!
These two are sooo in love with her.

Boston will be playing and randomly remember her. Then he goes on a mad search throughout our apartment saying, "Beckett... Baby Beck." She is also, "his baby." :)
She pulls some of the funniest faces and can't get keep her tongue in her mouth!
Our friends Rhett and Whit also had their baby just 2 days after Beckett was born. So she already has a little friend! ;)

Beck is SOO spoiled. But I don't think you can spoil a baby with love! ;)
She has changed so much over the past 11 days, but we still canNOT get enough of her!
We can't wait to watch her grow up. Her and Boston are already great friends and we can't wait for them to be able to play together!

We love you Baby Girl!



4 comments:

Natashia said...

I love this Lindsey!!! I'm so happy for y'all!!! I can not wait to hopefully get a little girl one day lol.

Brooke Bailey said...

Congrats Lindsey! Love all the pictures. She's beautiful!!! Each delivery usually gets faster. Glad everything went well for you.

Erin said...

Oh my gosh I want more pictures!! It's crazy to think you have 2 now. I hope this next baby comes out quicker than Saidy. You 4 are a beautiful little family!

Mandi said...

Congrats Lins, She is seriously beautiful but how could she be anything else, she has a beautiful mama! I love keeping tabs on you and your cute family. Boston is to die for!

Whose LOOKING?